Thomasina Miers’ roast carrot hummus recipe
Discover the perfect sexy sauce from Thomasina Miers’ flavourful online course.
This easy-to-follow summer recipe is a healthy twist on a classic hummus, using a delicious combination of tahini dressing and organic carrots. Spread it onto fresh bread or serve alongside a jumble of crisps, olives, pitta and crunchy veg sticks.
Carrot hummus ingredients
500g carrots, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks (plus more if you are turning this into a main course – see below)
1 garlic clove
1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and ground
½ orange, zest and juice
Juice of 1 lemon
100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin or 300g jar of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- the zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 40g Parmesan (Anna uses a vegetarian one)
- a small bunch of parsley leaves picked
How to make Thomasina Miers’ carrot hummus
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Spread the carrots out in a baking tin or tray, toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and season generously. Cook for 20-25 minutes until golden on the edges, then allow to cool.
2. Meanwhile blitz the chickpeas, garlic, tahini in a food processor, pouring in the cold water to release the blades. Blitz for a few minutes to aerate the chickpeas.
3. Once the carrots are cool add them to the processor with the cumin, blitzing them for a minute or two pouring in the citrus juices little by little to help process the carrots.
4. Lastly pour in the remaining olive oil in a steady stream with the motor running until fully incorporated and the hummus is smooth.
5. Hodmedod’s is a great website for buying pulses. Bold Beans is another great website for buying environmentally positive beans.
Discover how to take the stress out of, and add the joy into, cooking for a crowd, with plenty more recipes from Thomasina’s new online course.
Amelia Freer’s Earl Grey poached pears recipe
Amelia Freer shows you her simple technique for poaching fruit with this delicious poached pears with Earl Grey tea recipe.
Create Academy: The values we live by
We’re on a mission to help you build your creative confidence and make learning a joy.
Learn how to create a floral centrepiece
Follow along with Willow Crossley as she creates a beautiful flower arrangement that makes the perfect centrepiece.